Today I met up with some of my bootcamp friends as we all went to see the Tokyo Taiko Contest. It runs all weekend, and today was the finalists for the Odaiko soloist and the Open group sections. They all have to play the same set song, and then one of their own pieces. It was really interesting watching them all as each one had their own take on the set song and some made it seem quite flat and technical, while others really brought it to life. The different groups really gave it their own style and flavour as well and it was interesting to see how each person had interpreted the song.
They were all incredibly talented though and I'm sure that choosing the winner is not an easy task!
Today the weather turned cold and rainy! (as you can see I was not prepared for that - the umbrella I'm holding isn't even mine!).
But it was lovely to meet up with Kenji and Keiko for dinner :)
No comments:
Post a Comment