Today we are performing the song we have been learning as part of the Tokara performance in the afternoon. We have only just learnt the ending and are all very nervous!
We learnt all 7 levels of the taiko stairmaster. I love it. I am going to practice it at home and hopefully next time I see Art Lee I can play it well enough to graduate ;) I will be the master of the taiko stairs.
Learning up to level 7 has cost me. I have to send over cookies. It's worth it.
The concert:
We performed in the second song. I was soooo nervous. I don't want to be the one that makes a mistake or hits the extra beat! The mind is doing crazy things. It pretends it has forgotten how the song begins, or starts singing other similar songs instead. It is not behaving.
It is time. I turn off my mind and let my body go instead. My body can only do what it knows, it doesn't think. I just let myself get lost in the power of the song. It was perfect!
I am so glad it went well.....and so glad it is over :)
Afterwards we head down for the last summer festival in the village. Tonight Art Lee is performing with the taiko group at the festival, they are awesome! Then we head up the hill for dinner together at the ryokan. It was such a fun week, and I have at least 6 blisters to prove it ;)
matsuri performance

No comments:
Post a Comment